Do you have a family member that wishes to come to the UK as a visitor? Are you seeking to come from overseas to attend to business in the UK? Have you made a previous application to visit the UK that has been refused? If any of these questions relate to your circumstances, our team of immigration solicitors at Adam Bernards will ensure that you are informed of your rights and the requirements under the different routes. We will guide you through each stage of the process, whether through making an application or when submitting a Judicial Review where a previous application has been refused. Our team of experts across both of our London offices will ensure your applications stands the best chance of success.
We understand the importance in staying in close contact with your family. We understand the importance for your business networking and utilising opportunities in the UK. In both these broad areas we have extensive experience and an unparalleled track record in the success of our clients.
Application that falls under this category:
Standard Visitor visa
This one-size-fits-all application form has replaced the far more disparate set of application routes that proceeded it. All visit visas can only be submitted 3 months before one plans to travel. You can apply for this visa if you want to visit the UK for any of the following:
- For Leisure – whether for holiday or to visit family or friends
- For Business – this can include taking part in sports or creative events, attending a meeting or conference or even seeking funding to start, take over or run a business in the UK
- Other Reasons may also entitle one to be eligible to apply to visit the UK, such as if the applicant urgently requires medical treatment not available in their country of origin.
The amount of time that one will be granted to stay legally in the UK under this visa will be dependent on the reason one seeks entry.
- Normally one will be granted leave for 6 months
- If seeking private medical treatment, one will be granted leave for up to 11 months
- If an academic on a sabbatical and seeking entry to the UK for research, one may be able to stay for up to 12 months
If you are regularly visit the UK as a visitor, you can apply for a long-term Standard Visit visa that lasts for either 2,5 or 10 years. On each of these visits, however, the applicant will only be permitted to stay for a maximum of 6 months each visit.
Whilst seemingly innocent, the Home Office are notoriously stringent when assessing such applications. As a result, there are many elements that need to be shown in order for an applicant to be successful. Our immigration solicitors have had successes for numerous clients under this route. We will ensure your application stands the best chance of approval, facilitated through the wealth of experience our immigration departments hold in each of our London offices
Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?
- Our team of immigration solicitors have years of experience in navigating the requirements under this route.
- We have achieved numerous successes for our clients as evidenced through our client testimonies.
- We recognise the importance of making these applications and the implications were an application not completed correctly. We ensure that every avenue is comprehensively covered to give you the best prospects of success.