New Points-Based System
The British immigration system is receiving a major shake-up which will spell significant changes to the different routes available for applicants and the requirements specified under each. This will come into effect on 1st January 2021. This new system has as its aim to treat EU and Non-EU citizens, students and workers, equally regarding the requirements that they will be required to meet. All applicants must meet a minimum of 70 points in order to be successful under this route. The table detailed below shows how these points can be met:
|Characteristics||Tradable||Amount of Points|
|Offer of a job from an approved sponsor||No||20|
|Job at appropriate skill level||No||20|
|Speaks English language requirement||No||10|
|Salary of £20,480 (minimum) – £23,039||Yes||0|
|Salary of £23,040 – £25,599||Yes||10|
|Salary of £25,600 or above||Yes||20|
|Job in shortage occupation||Yes||20|
|Education qualification: PHD in subject relevant to job||Yes||10|
|Education qualification: PHD in a STEM subject relevant to job|
As specified in the paper presented to parliament on 13th July 2020, this new system is to introduce the following visa categories:
Coming To Work
- Skilled Worker
- Health and Care Visa
- Global Talent
- Start-up and Innovator
Coming To Study
- Student Route
- Graduate Route
Other Visa Routes
- Intra-Company transfers
- Intra-Company graduate Trainees
- Youth Mobility Scheme
- Sporting Routes
- Ministers of Religion and Religious Workers
- Government Authorised Exchange
- International Agreement
- UK Ancestry
The specifics under each of the routes is still forthcoming from the government, however, our dedicated team of legal professionals will ensure that we are kept informed in any development of this area to ensure the best chances of success for our clients.
Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?
- Our team of immigration solicitors have years of experience in navigating the complexities of EU Law.
- We have achieved numerous successes for our clients as evidenced through our client testimonies.
- Our experienced team will ensure that you are comprehensively advised on what is the best route for you to achieve you goal.
- To ensure that your application stands the best chance of success, please visit either of our London offices and speak to a member of our team.