British citizenship can be obtained due to the length of time that an individual has resided in the UK, or sooner depending on your family ties. As a child you may be able to apply if you were born in the UK, or nationals of other countries may be eligible depending on whether they or their ancestors are/were members of the former British Empire. If you think that you or a family member may be eligible please visit our offices to receive expert, tailored advice from one of our immigration solicitors in either of our London offices.
Navigating British citizenship applications has become more complex in recent times, largely due to the stringent ‘good character requirement’ that hinge on all aspects of our client’s history, including previous visa submissions and grants of leave. It is vital when submitting these applications that you are advised on all aspects of your case and informed on what evidence to provide to give you the best prospect of success.
Our record in this area speaks for itself. Our team of immigration advisors are experts in this field and have assisted many on their route to British citizenship If you are looking to make an application, come into one of our London offices to give you the best chance of your British citizenship being approved
Applications that fall within this category:
This application form is for those who seek to become a British citizen through the process of naturalisation. The requirements that need to be met when making this application will depend on whether or not you are applying on the basis of marriage/civil partnership with a British citizen.
- Married/civil partnership with British Citizen – The minimum residential requirement that an applicant needs to show under this route is that they have been resident in the UK for 3 years. The focus of this application will be on the relationship that one has with a British Citizen. Our immigration departments across both of our London offices will ensure that you are comprehensively advised on all documents that you will need to provide to evidence you claim.
- NOT married/civil partnership with British citizen – The minimum residential requirement that an applicant needs to meet under this route is to show they have been resident in the UK for 5 years. They must also show that they have been free from immigration restrictions for at least the most recent 12-month period leading up to the application. Applications under this category will often hinge on the good character’ requirement. Such claims can be difficult to evidence where there is a slight discrepancy in the applicant’s record. Our team of immigration solicitors have an acute attention to detail that has ensured many successes with such applications over the years. To give your application the best prospect of success, attend one of our London offices to receive expert advice.
These applications are in reference to a child naturalising as a British citizen. There are many different possibilities for a child qualifying under this route. They are as follows:
- Children born in the UK to parents now settled in the UK or who have become British citizens
- Children born in the UK to parents who have joined the armed forces
- Children whose parents are in the process of applying for British citizenship
- Children born abroad to parents who are British by descent and have lived in the UK or an overseas territory
- Children adopted abroad by British citizen parents
These applications require a focused approach when evidencing the relationship between child and parent. When completing such applications, it is paramount that the applicant receives the best legal advice as a failed application can have consequences for the future. To ensure you receive this service, please visit one of our immigration departments in either of our London offices where our team of solicitors will be on hand to guide you through the process seamlessly.
Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?
- Our team of immigration solicitors have years of experience in completing citizenship applications.
- Requirements have become stricter in recent years and our team are up to date with all developments to give your application the best chance of success.
- We have achieved British citizenship for numerous clients as evidenced through our client testimonies.