#1 Family/Divorce/Children Solicitors – Free Consultation – Specialist Family Lawyers in London – Call Us Now!!

We have a VERY experienced team of Family Solicitors and can solve any matter related to family, divorce, guardianship etc – simply anything and everything related to family law.

Please explain your case here briefly, OR simply give us a call. You may also CHAT with us!

    Contact us or give us a call to discover how we can help.

    ** We provide a free 10-minutes no obligation consultation on how to solve your family related issue(s), and optionally, we can undertake the handling and representation of your case for a small fee. You can either fill in the form above, call us or chat with us with your family issue and let’s see if we can solve it. Whether you choose to go with us to represent your case or not, we are sure you will get great advice just by talking to us!

    How Our Family Lawyers/Solicitors Can Help

    Following are the key services we provide.


    The divorce process can be an extremely stressful time. We can prioritise what you are hoping to achieve, especially if you have any particular concerns that need to be dealt with quickly, regarding children, domestic abuse or living arrangements.

    Child Contact and Residence

    Over a million children don’t have contact with one parent after a marriage or relationship breakdown. This can be very distressing and frustrating to deal with, for the parent and the children.

    Child Relocation

    A parent wishing to relocate abroad must have the consent of the other parent, or permission from the court. The travelling parent could be guilty of child abduction which is a criminal offence if consent has not been given from the other parent or permission from the court has not been granted.

    Financial Provision/Financial Order?

    You can apply for a financial order if you are getting divorced and you cannot agree about finances, such as how a property should be divided, whether it should be sold or spouse maintenance payments.

    Protecting your assets

    We can apply for a court order if you are concerned about securing your assets after your spouse has received divorce papers. There are a number of ways we can deal with a spouse who is trying to avoid you claiming your rightful share of the family assets or savings.

    Cohabitation Contracts

    An unmarried couple who are living together can enter into a cohabitation contract to ensure a clear understanding for both parties, on what will happen if the relationship breaks down.

    Pre-Nuptial Agreements

    A pre-nuptial agreement is a document signed before marriage, that sets out the couple’s wishes about money, property and children in the event of divorce. It will be effective from the day you get married.

    What is a post-nuptial agreement?

    A post-nuptial agreement is a document signed after marriage, that sets out your wishes regarding money, property and children in the event of divorce.

    Missing spouse tracing system

    A post-nuptial agreement is a document signed after marriage, that sets out your wishes regarding money, property and children in the event of divorce. Whether your spouse has left the family home after a dispute, you are trying to locate a missing child, or you require an address to serve divorce papers, we are here to assist. We have a dedicated tracing service team who are experts at locating missing persons.

    Orders preventing parent removing a child after school

    Schools and nurseries usually require a court order if you want to stop the other parent removing or collecting the child. If you are worried about inappropriate behaviour or you have concerns about your child’s safety, it is best to seek professional advice on asking the court to restrict parental rights.

    If police are called regarding a dispute between parents, having a court order in place will ensure the child is not removed from your care.

    Special guardianship orders

    A Special Guardianship Order is made by the family court, placing a child or young person to live with someone other than their parents on a long-term basis. We can assist with applications, statements and advice if you are looking after a child and you want to formalise these arrangements.

    We can also accept payments from the Local Authority to assist special guardians with the legal process.


    If you are thinking about adopting a child from either the UK or overseas, it is important to follow UK adoption law. To ensure that your adoption is recognised in the UK, you are able to travel freely and exercise your parental rights.

    Child maintenance agreements and disputes

    We can assist with private child maintenance agreements and challenges to the Child Support Agency. If you think you have been overpaying, we can provide a consultation to assess your calculations for you.

    Child injury complaints against schools

    Parents count on schools to be a safe environment for their children. We can assist with complaints against schools if your child has been physically injured at school or bullied by a teacher. We will discuss what you are hoping to achieve and secure the best outcome for you and your child.

    Mediation and dispute resolution

    Mediation is a process for reaching a mutually acceptable agreement or solution without taking the matter to court. Mediators are independent and neutral, meaning they are not acting for either side. Although agreements reached in mediation are not legally binding, it is less costly than going to court. We can apply to court to have mediation agreements endorsed as enforceable court orders. This will assist if agreements break down in future.

    Effective service of court documents

    The court may require you to serve documents on the other party in divorce or children proceedings. This can be especially challenging if the other party is deliberately trying to avoid service or is no longer living in the UK. Our process servers can ensure that the job will be done properly and effectively.

    International child disputes

    If your spouse has taken your children overseas without your consent, it is important to act quickly to ensure your child is returned to the UK safely. We do not offer legal aid but we can assist with application to return a child to the UK.

    Enforcement in the family court

    If the other parent is not following a court order about child arrangements, you may need to submit a further application to the family court. You can also apply to court if you want to change an order which is not working.

    Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?

    • As shown above, our family department has a wealth of experience across numerous family matters
    • We will ensure that all aspects of your case are handled sensitively and comprehensively to ensure you have the best prospect of success
    • We have helped numerous clients achieve the results they desire. Please read through our client testimonies that show our ability in this area of law.
    0207 100 2525