Becoming an Approved Sponsor
As migrant workers have become a key endorsement under the new immigration system, businesses and educational institutions that wish to sponsor individuals to come to the UK needs to be approved.
In order to become a sponsor, there are different requirements depending on the roles that your business/institution wishes to recruit. Our team of experienced professionals will ensure that you are given comprehensive advice and guidance as to how these processes are carried out and the thresholds that you will be required to meet.
If you wish to expand your business or institution through the recruitment of migrant workers/students, our team of immigration solicitors will be on hand to ensure that your application stands the best chance of success. Our dedicated team across both our London offices are here to enable you to reach your goals.
There are several different types of sponsor licenses that one can apply for depending on your need. These are the following:
Tier 2 (Sponsor licence)
The most common visa that is generally sought by businesses in the UK. If your business is successful in obtaining this license, you will be able to hire a skilled workforce from outside the EEA. Falling within this license are the following sub-categories for the opportunities that one will be able to hire for
- This will be applicable to businesses looking to recruit for a role where there is a lack of talent available in the United Kingdom or the role that one is hiring for is enlisted on the shortage occupation list.
- Those that wish to recruit under this option are businesses that operate in different countries and seek to move their workforce between them.
- This recruitment option enables an employer to recruit exceptionally talented sportspeople or coaches.
Minister of Religion
- This option is for those who are seeking to recruit an individual for the long-term for their religious organisation.
Tier 4 (Sponsor license)
This is available for educational institutions only. It enables that institution to enrol students from outside the EEA. Fundamental for sponsors within this category is that they must offer full-time courses to their students and ensure that they attend all their classes and notify the relevant authorities if any student fails to do so.
Tier 5 (Sponsor)
This sponsorship license enables employers to sponsor temporary workers who seek entry to the UK to work for a maximum of 2 years. Several different categories of employers can be eligible under this license, from charities to government.
Changes to Workers Eligibility under Tier 2 Sponsorship
The government has outlined its proposals for a new point-based system which comes into effect on 1st January 2021. This will have an effect on sponsors regarding who they will still be eligible to employ. Perhaps most significantly, the new system will apply equally to EU and Non-EU citizens, and each will have to meet higher and stricter thresholds in order to be eligible to work. Some of these changes include:
- Minimum Salary
- A higher level of academia
- An ability to speak English
Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?
- We recognise the benefits to employers and institutions that such applications can have. We ensure that every aspect of these applications is comprehensively covered so that you can attain your goals.
- Our team of immigration solicitors in London have years of experience in making these applications.
- We have achieved numerous successes for our clients as evidenced through our client testimonies.
- To ensure that your application is given the best chance of success, visit one of our London offices to speak to one of our team who will guide you through each stage of the process.