Data Protection Policies
Businesses handle customer’s important information on a daily basis; this can conclude names, addresses, emails, bank and credit card details, and more. All of this data needs to be properly protected and processed safely. Adam Bernard London-based solicitors can ensure your business stays compliant with Data Protection Law, namely the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018, as well with laws of other countries you may operate in.
What is a Data Protection Policy?
A Data Protection Policy is an internal document, given from business to employee, that serves at the core of a business’ GDPR compliant practices. There are three main goals within a Data Protection Policy:
1. They provide specific achievable actions taken by the business to ensure data protection.
2. The data protection measures are made comprehensive for the employee.
3. To prove the business’ commitment to data protection
Data Protection Policies demonstrate compliance with data protection regulations in times where your business may be investigated. This will protect your business from future legal headaches.
A Data Protection Policy Should Include:
- Purpose of the policy and commitment to data protection.
- Commitment to the GDPR’s six principles of data processing.
- How your business will ensure data subject rights are met.
- The name and contact details of your Data Protection Officer.
What We Can Do For You
Our expert lawyers can help you create a data protection privacy that will safeguard your business from data protection breaches and sanctions.
For safely storing and utilising your customer’s data see: Data Sharing Agreements
We can also review and advise on agreements you are being asked to sign, renegotiate new terms on existing agreements and contracts or draft entirely new contracts.
Call our expert Data Protection Lawyers on 0207 100 0505 to receive a free consultation.