Settlement Applications (Indefinite Leave to Remain)
There are many different routes to achieving settlement in the UK, otherwise known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). As a result, it is fundamental that you are in the hands of our experienced team of immigration solicitors that can advise you on the quickest route. Have you lived in the UK for 5 or 10 years? Has this time in the UK been in accordance with immigration requirements? How long have you spent outside the UK? Each of these questions are vital in addressing one’s eligibility.
The benefits of obtaining indefinite leave to remain are substantial as it enables an individual to remain in the UK without requiring additional consent from the Home Office. If you think that you may be eligible, please book a consultation with our team to guide you through this process.
A requirement that an applicant has continuously resided in the United Kingdom is a requirement that will be found across all the settlement application. It means the following:
- That there are no breaks between the applicants grants of limited leave to remain that exceed 28 days.
- Has not left the United Kingdom for a period of over 6 months in any 12-month period (this will break the period of residence)
- Has not been absent from the United Kingdom for a combined period of 18 months
Applications that fall under this category are:
Applicants eligible on this form to apply for indefinite leave to remain are the spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom. You can apply under this route where:
- You have spent 5 continuous years residency in the UK with valid leave to remain on a 5-year route to settlement
- You have spent 10 continuous years residency in the UK with valid leave to remain on a 10-year route to settlement
Applications on this form are applicable to:
- Children under 18 of a parent/parents or a relative present and settled in the UK. Adopted children also fall within this category
- Child aged over 18 of persons present and settled in the UK
The most far reaching of the application forms for settlement, many varying grants of leave that are approaching 5 continuous residency in the UK will fall under this category. They include:
- Under the PBS system
- PBS dependent
- UK ancestry
- Bereaved partner
- Artistic visa
This form can only be used specifically by victims of domestic abuse whose relationships have broken down during the probationary period.
Our Immigration Solicitors are widely regarded as some of the best in London when dealing with applications that fall within this category. We have achieved successes for numerous clients under this route. The experience of our immigration solicitors across each of our London offices ensures that your applications stands the best chance success.
Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?
- We understand the importance of making these applications and the impact they have on our clients’ lives. We balance sensitivity with professionalism to ensure that our clients’ meet their goals.
- Our team of immigration solicitors in London have years of experience in navigating the requirements under this route and will ensure that your application is comprehensively covered.
- We have achieved numerous clients settlement over the years as evidenced through our clients testamonies