Parent as a Birth Child Visa
What Is FLR FP Parent Route?
Any person can apply for Leave To Remain on the basis of being a parent of a British child under the age of 18 years or a child who has continuously spent 7 years in the UK.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements For FLR FP Visa under Parent Route
To qualify for Leave To Remain as a parent of a British or settled child, you should meet the following requirements:
- Your British or settled child must be in the UK and must be under the age of 18 years.
- If the child has turned over 18 but was under the age of 18 at the time of the initial application,
- The child must be unmarried, must not be leading an independent life and must be financially dependant on the applicant and/or the other parent of the child;
- You should have been playing an active role in the upbringing of the child and should demonstrate intention to continue place such role in the life of the child.
- The child in the UK can be somebody with pre settled status under the EUSS
- It is unreasonable to expect such child to leave the UK
You can also apply if your child has lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years immediately before the application date and it would be unreasonable to expect them to leave the UK.
What does 7 year Child Route Mean ?
The test required to be fulfilled by you is to show –
- The child must be below 18 years of age on the date of application;
- Is living in the UK;
- Has lived continuously for 7 years in the UK (discounting any period of imprisonment);
- It would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; and
- The Best Interest of the child lies in the UK
A child can apply under the private life route if the child has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years and it is proved that it would be unreasonable to expect that the child to leave the UK.
What are the Supporting Documents Required for FLR FP Parent Route?
- Valid Passport of Applicant
- Valid biometric Residence Permit (in case of Extension)
- Valid British Passport of child on the basis of which application is based or any other immigration status document verifying that child is settled in the UK
- Birth Certificate of child
- Proof of sole responsibility in the nature of court document
- Residence proof as evidence of cohabitation between the parent and child
- School Records
- Red Book/NHS Letters for the child
How Can I Extend My Parent Visa?
You can apply for renewal of your parent visa using application form FLR (FP) from inside the UK . As a result of the successful application for renewal of parent visa, the applicant will be granted further leave to remain for 30 months under the parent route. The applicants applying for renewal of parent visa are not required to meet the adequate maintenance requirement or English language requirement.
Can my other children who are not settled be added as dependents on the same application?
Children are able to make applications under this application form where their parent is applying for limited leave to remain on any route other than under the points-based system or the UK Ancestry route. These applications can either be made on the same application form as a parent, where the child is included as the dependent, or they can be made separately.
Why Adam Bernard Solicitors?
- We understand the significance of reuniting clients with their families and mix professionalism with sensitivity when constructing these applications
- Our team of immigration solicitors in London have years of experience in navigating the requirements specified under this route.
- We have achieved countless successes for the clients we serve as evidenced through our client testimonies.
- To ensure that your application stands the best chance of success, please visit one of our London offices to speak to a member of our team expert in this field.